Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Friday's Date Out

(Whoops! sorry I hit the publish key well before this was ready)

Friday we had the pleasure of going out on another real date.  I'm trying to work more of these "date nights" thingyboos into our life.  They are fun and good for the whole family.  Mavi graciously watched Jack while us old parents had a night out!

Jack at lunch that day, not knowing we we be ditching him in a few hours.  Bwahahahaaa.

Listening to an old-fangled CD at the library.

This is just to show the jewelry tree I bought at Target.  I love it unreasonably.  Jack has been kept away thus far.
Behold my boots!
Ben bought me Frye boots for my birthday.  I KNOW.  I called them my Pirates of Penzance boots, because, well, isn't it obvious?  They can be worn folded down, how I prefer them, or flipped up for Cat-like Tread high kicking.

My whole date outfit.  I'm pleased I can pull off the skinny jeans and boots thing still.  I keep trying to get a serious diet and exercise routine going.  But it keeps getting interrupted by sickness or travel or holidays.  Says everyone, right?

For dinner we ate at Simm's Steakhouse.  It was 5280 Restaurant week so we picked a place we ordinarily wouldn't afford to eat at.  They served amazing tenderloins without asking how we wanted them cooked.  They came out super rare, but we gobbled them down with relish.  They had tasty side dishes, I stole these photos from their website. 

We also had salad, a squash ravioli dish, and bread pudding dessert. 


After dinner we went to the 1 Up Bar in the city.  It's similar to the Barcade that we went to in Williamsburg, but this one was much cooler.  Crowded though.  I wanted to stay long enough for Ben to set a high score on a game.  He only needed 50 cents to blast away the previous score on 1942.


Expensive night out, but very fun.  It was a nice splurge with my birthday money.  (In addition to the spinning wheel bobbins that I just received.  Plying is so much easier!) (The splurge date hurt a little after having to buy new tires the next day, but I'm still glad we did it.)  I intend to do more of these "date night" thingies.

No comments: