Thursday, December 30, 2004

Holiday

It feels so good to be home! Ben and I left Wednesday morning at 9:30. At 11:00 we hit standing traffic in Glenwood canyon. We were routed back to Glenwood Springs and told to wait a couple hours. Apparently a semi-truck jack-knifed on the part of the canyon already down to one lane because of a rockslide last month. Oh, and all of this with pounding rain and a cat mewing in the back seat. We had to stay in the car because of Molly, which made the situation even more unpleasant. At 3:30 the road was still closed. I asked a cop if they thought it might be cleared tonight, and he said he didn't know. Geez. Ben got us a cheap hotel room and we ate Kentucky Fried Chicken and watched Mythbusters. All in all, it wasn't a bad night, just a bad day and a total waste of time. This morning, Thursday, we left at 7 am and it still took us 4 whole hours to drive the remaining 160 miles to Denver because of bad weather.

But all that aside, we had a great, relaxing trip home for Christmas. We had some good food and good times with the family. We saw The Life Aquatic again, and I've decided that it is a really good movie. Just as predicted, my enjoyment increases after contemplation and repeat viewings.

It's been a long two days. I'm going to bed now, but I'll post some photos later, after I learn to use my iPod Photo.

No comments: