Saturday, January 08, 2005

Fun with Friends

So far we've had a pretty nice weekend. Ben says the Aviator was a great movie. I'll take his word for it since I didn't go myself. Instead I made soup with Mavi and watched Mr. Show and music videos. She has a collection of Bjork videos. Bjork is pretty wild. Even for me.

Later last night we went to Bender's Tavern with friends from Denver to see Matson Jones. They're a good local band from Fort Collins. They have a really unique sound, but they need to diversify their music. Most of their songs have the same underlying rhythm and tone.

Tonight Trev's coming over to cook Hungarian food. It's a dish Brian wouldn't miss for anything: Rakott krumpli. Basically scalloped potatoes supreme. It's loaded with fat, but oh so tasty. I can't take more than a small bowlful. You can feel your stomach bloating. The pictures below are from the first time Trevor cooked it at my house last fall. Here's a link to an online recipe. Of course, Trevor is using authentic Hungarian sausage. He has a source in Las Vegas.


No comments: