Thursday, May 27, 2010

Inpatient

We rolled into Lutheran Hospital at 9 pm for a scheduled induction.  They have wifi here so you can watch the birth on live web streaming!!  Ha, like I'd ever do that.  No, my computer is here for comfort and entertainment.  We're doing a nice and gentle induction to nudge the little duder out.  I got some misoprostol to soften things up and an ambian to help me rest.  I thought I'd watch some hulu before knocking off but this ambian is already making me woozy.  Ben is helping me feel settled, then he'll head home in a little bit to have a good night's rest with the Jemmer.  Tomorrow morning (unless I need him back here during the night - highly unlikely) he'll take Jem to the boarders and rejoin me in our "birthing suite."  The general plan is repeat the miso as needed, then get pitocin going in my contractions are not up to snuff. 

This is my first time as a patient in a hospital.  Wheelchair rides are freaky.  So smooth and so low.  I got my first IV.  I've stuck so many many people and never been stuck myself!  Not too painful, but I adjusted her taping to my liking as soon as she left the room.  Here's a look at the latest gown and accessory fashions in maternity wards.

1 comment:

Serin said...

Good luck, Rachel!