Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pinched


This is me for most of the week.  Sunday night I was writing at a desk and stretched back, like I have before thousands of times.  But, for whatever fluke reason, this time a nerve in my neck was pinched.  I had sharp neck pain, muscle spasms down my upper back and under my shoulder blade, and transient right arm numbness.  Hoping it would go away after a night's rest I went to work Monday morning.  But it only got worse.  I left midday and went straight to my doctor.  She provided a note to excuse work, an Aleve regimen, and prescriptions for Vicodin and Soma (a muscle relaxant). 

Luckily I already had three days off mid-week, so I really only missed one afternoon of work.  Since then I have been on my back in the basement with an electric heating pad.  I had to miss dance rehearsal Tuesday, although Amanda video chatted me from the stage so I could give some pointers.  Yesterday Ben drove me up to Bailey so I could teach.  It was hard for me not to demonstrate full-out, but the kids really stepped up and learned quickly. 

Jack has been super cuddly.  Ben has been a dear taking care of me.  I can't really complain about the rest.  As illnesses go this one has a fun treatment.  My netflix and DVR queues are empty now.  I drove to a staff meeting today and experienced only aches rather than full on pain.  I hope I'm healed enough that finishing my two shifts Friday and Saturday won't be too strenuous. 

Sorry, boring post, I'm sure.  But I felt like documenting it.  Here's some photos from Sunday, where I spun some yarn before the injury started acting up.

And here are photos of me playing with Jack at the Tattered Cover, courtesy of Amanda.  I haven't synced my phone for photos from my folk's visit yet.  It was really fun to see them.  We ate well, did a lot of shopping, and Jack was showered with attention. 



I better lay back down. 

No comments: