Saturday, October 22, 2016

Halloween Preview

Our church held the annual Halloween party early this year.  After judging at Amanda's Speech Meet all day I raided her prop closet to build a spooky trunk display.  What good is having a drama teacher in the family if you can't mooch off her?  Sam insisted on helping.

Untitled

Not long after that we all suited up and went to the party!  As Sam has been reciting all month, he was a dragon, Jack was an ewok, I was a vampire, and Ben was a ghoooooooooost.


Untitled

I'm didn't know the kids looked so grumpy in this pictures.  I blame that on the sealed container of candy corn someone left in plain sight at the entrance.  Don't show kids candy if they can't have it!

Untitled

Untitled

It was a whirlwind party.  Quick pizza dinner, then a quick round of carnival games.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I wish I had more time to set up my trunk - I barely got it decent looking before kids arrived!  A lot of the the things I had planned didn't happen because I had no time.  But there were many ooo's and ahhh's and I had many kids try to come back for seconds and thirds or more.  (Seriously.  Ben packed me two 36 packs and one 18 pack of full-sized candy bars and I ran out well before the kids stopped coming.  I'm POSITIVE there were not 90 kids there).   I didn't have time to replace my fangs or put on black gloves and pince nez.  I did my best impression of Sam's preschool teacher with the thick Slavic accent, put spooky music on my old timey speaker, and tried to keep the cauldrons bubbling. I might have sounded like this at times, but people seemed to like the effect either way.

Untitled

The party quickly wrapped up and the boys dived into their hauls.  It's only October 22.  I hope we have more fun to come.  (Sorry if I sound grumpy.  I have a splitting headache.  It was a fun but crazy day with a lot of emotional kids to handle for a variety of reasons.  I really really wish I could sleep in tomorrow.)

No comments: