Friday, August 18, 2006

Italian American Cuisine

Don't think I've been neglecting my kitchen! I'm just slow to post. I returned to some favorite dishes from the my earlier years of marriage.


Chicken fingers! Breaded with crumbs and parmesan, with baked sweet potato and sauteed zucchini with dill.

Pesto chicken with sundried tomatoes, green beans, and rosemary garlic potatoes.

Refreshing blueberry smoothies!

I've eaten so much of this lately. Blended cream cheese, parmesan, sundried tomatoes and their oil make a sweet and savory spread. Served here on black pepper flax seed crackers.

Mmm, homemade semolina fettucini, extra thick, how Ben likes it.

Served with turkey meatballs, chunky marinara and parmesan.

Speaking of meatballs, this is turkey meatloaf, baked in a muffin tin. Instead of a burnt exterior, raw interior loaf, each serving is perfectly cooked and portioned. The medley of roasted vegetables includes carrot, eggplant, zucchini, red peppers, potatoes, and (don't forget) garlic.

A heaping pot of marinara to last all week.

Italian white bean salad. Minced garlic and carrot sizzle in olive oil before adding cannellini beans. Let simmer for an hour, add salt, pepper, and plenty of fresh parsley.

I tried a recipe for lemon ginger muffins. Despite calling for a 1/2 cup of fresh ginger, the flavor wasn't pronounced. In half the muffins I added small bits of crystallized ginger. That boosted the flavour and made the texture more interesting (they turned soft like gummies!), but still, this recipe was disappointing.

Finally, classic lasagne with a green salad. Not pictured, I also made sloppy joes this week.

No comments: