Monday, September 08, 2008

Cootie Pie

Weird story. I have my first exam tomorrow covering embryonic development, labor and delivery, and newborns. After studying for a couple hours I called Ben upstairs to quiz me from my study guide. When we got to the section on amniotic fluid he made the most disgusted face when he discovered that fetuses "drink and urinate" the amniotic fluid. "That's totally gross." Fish do it too, I offered. "Yeah," he said, "and that's gross too. But I'd eat a fetus." We cracked up, me knowing that he said that to be outrageous (as he often does) and to make the comparison to fish. Then he went on, asking if any cultures ate fetuses. I said I didn't think so, that it's probably taboo. Surely someone eats, like, goat fetuses he said. No, I said again, I really don't think so. I know about lots of weird things people eat. He said, "Well, I'm sure people eat goat fetuses. People eat gross things. Like a delicacy, you know?" With that he popped online and typed this search and came up with this video. What do you know? People eat goat fetuses.

I can't believe he was right about the goat part. And the name (kutti pi) is hilarious to boot.

No comments: