Monday, October 20, 2008

The dangers of boredom

I'm stuck in my last class session for our Evidence-Based Practice class. We're spending the whole 4 hours giving group presentations. My group is done (100%, thank you). There are four more to get through before I meet with my next group for another group presentation tomorrow. Group group group.

Luckily I have my computer to distract me by studying for my exam (also tomorrow). I'll admit it, I wander onto the internet occasionally. Suddenly I've decided that I need to learn to spin yarn. Not only will it be a fun new craft, but maybe I can save money on good quality yarns for knitting! Am I silly to think that?

I found a class at Fancy Tiger that Ben says I can go to (as a gift!). Now I'm getting carried away, dreaming of keeping a couple angora rabbits to gather my own fibers and maybe work my way up to a pair of sheep.

Ok, the next group is starting (does acupuncture really help with chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting?). I better close up here and pay attention again. I think I would name my first ewe Annabelle.

4 comments:

chitarita said...

I think the second one should be Annabeth, then Annamarie, and so on. And they should wear bells. And you should move to England to herd them so I can visit you.

Wales would be okay, too.

(I also think James Herriot has taken over the rational side of your brain.)

eaumaison said...

Brilliant idea!

(I think you're right. I finished the third book and dove into the fourth.)

siberianluck said...

If it comes down to it, I will move to Scotland, but not england - as I can't stand english accents.

Anonymous said...

if you shoot vids of your sheep, you can post them on EweTube. Har har har!

-Dad