Friday, September 25, 2009

So much for having a smooth Friday

Wow, today was a pretty bad day.  I was supposed to be a 10a-10p shift.  They called at 7 to say that a tech was sick and could I come in sooner and still work late?  I got there at 8:30 and expected a long day.  Although we didn't have a third shift, so I got to leave at 7:30p, our patients were a wreck.  Seriously, what is this?  Acute care or something?
-----
 I had written/published this long thing about all our patients, but decided I didn't want a big rant about the day out there in that much detail.  Clotted systems, severe hypotension and hypoglycemia, barfing, and mucho mucho alarms.  Enough said.
-----
I'm still decompressing before going to bed.  I have the weekend off.  Amanda and I hope to see a corny teenager performing arts movie (FAME! I'm gonna live forever . . .)  I need to update my blog on Emma's Baubles.  She was only in two scenes this week so it should be a quickie.  Boy, and someday I might put together that vacation video I promised you.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

PS: My car is super awesome and driving it is the best part of my day.  Rock.

1 comment:

chitarita said...

Yay Fame! Yay stupid, mindless teenage movies! Yay weekend! Yay that you have a car that works to drive me around while my car doesn't! :)