Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A new decade

I told Ben that I couldn't believe another decade has passed.  "Really?" he asked, "I can.  We had a lot happen in the last ten years."  We thought of all the momentous things that happened to us in the aughts. 
  • Most of our courtship and our marriage
  • All of my undergrad education
  • My first real job as a research assistant
  • Completing a second degree
  • My second real job as a nurse
  • Most of Ben's college years
  • Numerous jobs for Ben
  • Moving five times in three cities
  • Buying our first house
  • Buying my first car
  • Buying my first new car
  • Travel too numerous to count
  • Thousands of knit stitches
  • Thousands of video games
  • A movie-making phase
  • A ballet revival phase
  • Getting a cat
  • Getting a dog
  • Three computers for me, who knows how many for Ben?
Ok, proven wrong.  I guess it seems right that ten years have passed, given all the growth we've had. 

We're excited to start a new adventure this year.  For those who haven't heard yet, we're having a baby in May.  That's right, I'm 21 weeks pregnant.  Want to know why I was so quiet in the blogosphere in October and November?  That's called the first trimester and it BLOWS!  But those times are past, I feel pretty great these days.  The little kid has finally made itself known to me.  Just in the past week I started feeling movement.  Now I swear it's doing somersaults in there.  Tomorrow we have the big ultrasound to find out if our first will be a little boy or little girl.  I don't care which, I just want to know!  I'll be sure to let you all know too, and perhaps I'll fill in some details on how the pregnancy has been so far. 

Happy New Year and here's to ten more!

1 comment:

Serin said...

Wow! Big decade for you! Even bigger decade coming up! Good luck at the ultrasound!