Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What's happening in my belly?

Because I hear you are all dying to know :-)  I'm in that weird poochy stage.  My clothes don't fit and my husband says I've looked pregnant for months.  But when I tell people the news and that I'm 21 weeks, they look down at my stomach and tell me I don't look pregnant at all.

I feel him moving all the time now.  Especially during a meal (blood sugar spike?) and when I change positions - sitting to standing and such.

My belly button is disappearing way too fast!  It's kind of freaking me out.

The most annoying pregnancy change?  My absurdly strong pulse.  I hear it when I'm trying to sleep at night.  I feel it in odd places like my scalp, my shoulders, and pretty much my entire abdomen.  I feel my heart pounding with extra stroke volume when I climb stairs.  I swear I can even feel my inferior vena cava flowing.  My hand veins are so engorged with extra blood that they are raised and fat.  L&D nurses must have the easiest patients for placing IVs. 

I'm going to post a couple things I wrote during the first trimester, just to catch up my journalling.

No comments: