Sunday, February 21, 2010

Birthday in photos

 
Breakfast in bed.  A rare indulgence to get McDonalds.

 
Opened birthday presents.  Love the crafting supplies, cards, and sweater. Do you see those sheets?  That's part of my big present from Ben.  We went shopping for a QUEEN SIZED bed!  I've been wanting one ever since we left our tiny apartment in Boulder.  Finally now with two employed adults and a growing belly, we're making the upgrade from our cramped full sized bed.  It's really the best present I could imagine getting this year!

We had lunch at Panera Bread.  Sure, not very fancy.  But there aren't any locations in our neighborhood, so it's special to go there.  Plus my favorite sandwich, the Bacon Turkey Bravo, is a double no-no for pregnancy.  I do my best to avoid bacon (nitrates) and cold deli meats (listeria). But hey, it's my birthday!  One little sandwich can't do much harm.  Totally worth it. 

 
Picked out cupcakes for later.  After my cupcake tour of Denver I knew the best place - Lovely Confections!

 
Bought some darling fabric at my favorite craft store.  I squeezed a lot of yarn wistfully.  Ben wisely reminded me of all the beautiful skeins in my basket at home.  But it's hard to resist beautiful yarn when you have spending money in your pocket!  Some other time . . .

Afternoon snack at Sweet Action!  They even had my all time favorite ice cream flavor, Mint Chocolate Chip.  Ben is having Banana Reese's Pieces.  

Then home for a while to start a knitting project (because 2 knit works-in-progress isn't enough) and baby blanket with the flannel I bought.  Amanda came over and we talked choreography until my other friends arrived.  

 
We ordered cheesesteaks, french fries with cheese whiz dipping sauce, chips and soda, and of course the cupcakes!  It was a delicious feast, and a nice change from our usual pizza party.

Miranda surprised me with this gorgeous beret that I had seen her working on.  It's perfect for me and so finely knit! (BTW, if you haven't seen the play kitchen that she made her daughter, click that link straightway and look in amazement!)

Amanda found some great stamps and paper for my crafting supply.  We laughed that we bought each other stamps for our recent birthdays.  As an early nursery gift she found a beautiful pop-up book of The Little Prince. We were talking about using the color palette from that book for the nursery, and maybe some stars and moon imagery.  We already have the book in two English editions and a French.  Now we have this glorious illustrated version too!  Our kid will not be allowed to touch it until 2nd grade.  It's too nice of a book!

Thank you to all my friends and family who called and visited and pitched in to make my day really really great.  I love you all!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful birthday. Also, that is possibly the most beautifully photographed sausage muffin and hash brown ever.

eaumaison said...

Yeah, I told Ben earlier that the prettiest of all my photos was the McDonald's breakfast.