Saturday, March 06, 2010

Quick thoughts

  • Last night I had to do an emergency.  Not bad, I got home by 12:45.  It meant I could sleep well knowing the call 2 person had to take the next emergency.  Free and clear.  I had a rude doctor and a mean patient.  Luckily I sucked up to both of them well enough.  The ICU nurse is the one who took it hard from them.  
  • Ah, a glorious long weekend off.  No work until Tuesday!
  • Monday I'm going to the dentist after at least 2 years off.  Hurrah for dental insurance!
  • I bought some lilies and my house smells amazing!
  • Ben bought me the chocolate chip bagels I've been craving for two weeks.  Don't get excited, it wasn't, like, a "pregnancy" craving.  I just really really wanted some.  That's a good way to start Saturday.
  • I finished choreographing the opening dance number for Amanda's musical.  I hope the kids pick it up fast on Monday!
  • Amanda and I have a fun day planned - Alice in Wonderland, then dinner out, then craft and watch Every Little Step at home.  
  • Kick-puncher is still kicking and punching.  He has weird sleep cycles.  
  • I want to buy a portable air conditioner/swamp cooler for this summer.  Our room is always unbearably hot.  I have a free trial of Amazon Prime that would give me free shipping.  Is it crazy to buy an AC in March?  How would I even know if it works well enough?
  • Yesterday as I was cleaning up the clinic before going home I chatted with Ben on my cell.  I was scrubbing human blood off the floor while merrily talking to my husband, and was struck by how NOT morbid it felt.  
  • I have a lot of spending money and don't know what to do with it.  I hoard it and then forget it, never taking the splurge.  Any ideas?

1 comment:

Nate said...

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT ALL OF RACHEL'S IRRATIONAL PREGNANCY INDUCED CRAVINGS!!!