Friday, September 02, 2011

Do you hear the people sing?

Amanda got us discount tickets to Les Miserables, the 25th anniversary tour using her magic drama teacher beams.

I missed the turntable, especially in One Day More. But aside from that it was a fantastic performance. Really incredible singing, and the trimmed down version clipped along at a nice pace (one verse of Castle on a Cloud is plenty, thank you very much).

I rooted through my ticket collection this morning and found my old stub. (Ben laughs at my ticket collection. Calls it my secret hoard. But when you've done it for over 20 years it's hard to stop.)

3 comments:

siberianluck said...

I want to insist that I have NO PROBLEM with your ticket collection! I think it's cute and I only laugh at it because it's fun to laugh :-)

chitarita said...

And I'd like to point out that the tickets cost the same, despite 16 years difference.

chitarita said...

P.S. My Magic Drama Teacher Beams are sparkly pink and shoot from a ray gun I built out of an old hairdryer, three springs I found in the dumpster outside our theater, parts from a defunct boom box, duct tape, and copious amounts of glitter.

I am the Michael Weston of prop-making.