Wednesday, April 11, 2012

English Muffin Bread

I'm posting my altered recipe so I can easily look it up.  My last batch didn't have the nooks and crannies I'd hoped for, maybe too little rise?  But it was still delicious sandwich bread and Ben remarked that he wished I had made two loaves!  Still, this is the recipe for a single loaf (the original recipe makes four), although I rounded up the quantities where math wasn't clean.

1 1/2 cups very warm water
2 teaspoons yeast (see original recipe note)
1/2 tablespoon salt
3/4 tablespoon sugar
2 3/4 cups water

I follow the instructions as written, but find I have to add a little extra water to make the dough as sticky as it is in her pictures. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey R! William & Susan brought a bag of them and they caused me to break, no, that's not strong enough...they caused me to shatter my diet. Absolutely delicious.
Memere et Pepere