Monday, April 02, 2012

Surprise Birthday Visit

Today is my mom's birthday, yay!  Since she is queen of spoiling her presents, Jack and I surprised her with a weekend visit.  My dad was in on the secret, so we didn't mess up their weekend too much. 

What follows are photos of gratuitous spoilage.  You might want to avert your eyes.  


 Kipper.  On the Big Screen.  In a kid chair.  A bowl of watermelon.

Recognize the car set, Andy?  

 Banana chocolate pops are dessert #2 of this meal.  Then a walk to the neighborhood playground.



Jack wasn't the only one spoiled.  (This was apparently "just lying around the office."  And everyone "has one but you, so you might as well take it.")


I made lemon cookies and Jack played with flour.  Flour was EVERYWHERE.

 This is English Muffin bread from this recipe. (I halved the recipe.)  I'm super sad that I forgot to pack home the bag with my extra loaf in it.

Dad prepared for the weekend with finger-paints!  Jack was hesitant to get messy at the start, but after a while he was able to enjoy it.





I have to document the moment of great sadness.  At one point Jack decided to get off his chair at the dinner table and face-planted into the tiled floor.  It took a good half hour of mothering and grandmothering to calm him down.  This was earlier in the day, before finger painting.  I got him to smile for a picture, showing us his chipped tooth.  Poor guy.  Good thing he has his first dentist visit Wednesday.  Here is a before and after comparison. 

(PS Mom, he let us brush his teeth tonight with his "choo choo" toothpaste and penguin toothbrush.  He also gobbled down dinner without trouble and was upset there was no more watermelon.  Don't worry, Ben picked up a watermelon already.)


Even with his fall, it was a super fun weekend!  If anything, it was too short.  But I have a shift tomorrow I have to work and my folks have to go back to their busy lives too.  Thank you for letting up crash your house this weekend!  




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love to have you any time. Next time, llamas, sheep, swimming pool and splash pad!