Saturday, June 13, 2015

Heritage Square

I threw ideas at Ben for what to do with our Saturday.  Zoo?  Swimming?  Playgrounds?  Each met with a meh.  Later a commercial at the gym inspired me.  Alpine slide?  His eyes lit up and he gave a firm yes.

So much fun!  Jack was scared, then brave, then scared going into it.  He enjoyed the chair lift up the mountain.  He patiently waited our turn to go down.  I asked if he wanted to go slooooow or fast! Slow, he insisted.  I told him I would start off medium and he could tell me to go slower or faster as we went.  Right off the summit he started chanting "Faster! Faster! Faster!"  We had a slow poke in front of us so halfway down the mountain I had to brake slowly to build up space, then rushed him through the curves.  "This is the best of my life!" he yelled at one point.

I love Ben's description of Sam.  Sam is not good at waiting in any form.  The final queue while sitting in the sleds was agony for him.  Ben said after we went down, he was all wiggles waiting for their turn.  Wiggle wiggle wiggle wig-- Then he froze in that position as Ben dived down, and he held the pose the whole way in shock.  He seemed really happy with the ride at the end.

You can't take a five year old through an amusement park and not let him do a few more rides.  Even if they are grossly overpriced.  Ben vowed to take him to Lakeside again this summer and have his fill of rides there.

(sorry, I think I smudged sunscreen on my phone and it made all the pictures blurry)

Heritage square

Heritage square

Heritage square

Heritage square

Heritage square

Heritage square

Heritage square

Heritage square

1 comment:

chitarita said...

That is a super-cute hat you're wearing!