Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Snow Day!

I got a phone call at 5:20 AM that the school district was closed.  We got oodles of powdery, blowing snow that's still falling at 3:15 pm.  Everyone (except poor Amanda!) is stuck at home today.  Best to make the most of it!

Phineas and Ferb in jammies, Jack is finding out that school is cancelled.
Snow day

Sam probably enjoyed the extra hour and a half of sleeping without realizing it.  He's still catching up sleep from last weekend.
Snow day

Fluffy pancakes!
Snow day

Claymation Christmas shorts.
Snow day

The boys join me in baking gingerbread cupcakes.
Snow day

Snow day

Snow day

It's an aggressive activity for them.  "My turn, my turn!" and lots of snatching away tools.  I spend most of the time pre-measuring ingredients away from them, mediating the turn taking, and acting as referee when someone makes a foul move. But all is forgotten when it's time to lick the bowl.
Snow day

Now it's quiet time and I'm taking a break.  Trying not to feel guilty while I do this:
Snow day

while Ben does this- for the third time today!  He's my hero. 
Snow day

No comments: