Tuesday, February 21, 2006


I finally made Indian food. Here is aloo gobi, but with butternut squash instead of potatoes. Totally untraditional. I made this way too spicy, but otherwise it was good. The puree is my yellow split peas - FINALLY cooked to tenderness. The meal needed something bright, so I added the steamed green peas.

This meal was so colorful! Also very tasty. I had to use up all my extra vegetables before we went on vacation. From the 6 o'clock position going clockwise: baked parmesan coated eggplant, roasted beets, steamed snap peas, glazed parsnips and carrots, and balsamic rosemary chicken. Yum!

Oddly, Ants on a Log sounded really good after work. Last time I made these I must have been in elementary school. I remember it being a lot messier to assemble back then.

No comments: