Saturday, September 09, 2006

Coming Home Sooner

The realtors keep saying "It's a buyer's market." I think they may be right. First they agree to cover all our closing, then they agree to fix the expensive and outdated electric system noted on the inspection. But now they ask if we can close a full month earlier, and they will pay our rent for the time! Something about a wedding and wanting to get the deal done asap. Whatever.

All I know is I can move into my house really really soon. Like in 1 1/2 weeks soon. Eeep! This is probably a better change for Ben than for me. My whining and pining and planning neurotic details of furniture arrangements, future improvements and purchases, and scheduling for moving has been cut. For example, I've been mapping garden plans. In October. For a house I don't live in yet. (And the only past gardening success I've known is a couple window boxes of petunias, of which I should have gotten the bushel kind instead of the trailing kind. But that doesn't stop me.)

But soon I'll be there!

Oh, in case your wondering: chives, thyme, rosemary, mint, and parsley under the kitchen window, lavender by the entrance, Lilac bush in the corner, clematis on one trellis, morning glory on the other, nasturtiums in the front with geraniums in the window boxes. The following season add tulips, irises, narcissus, and crocus. Ground cover yet to be determined and maybe a potted japanese maple. In my dreams, I know. :-)

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Congrats on becoming home owners!

-ft