Friday, March 07, 2008

Harding Test

(Ben wants me to post something so he can read it :-)

This Gnarls Barkley video has been banned from MTV because it failed the Harding test. A quick net search explains "The Harding Test is the common name for the Harding Flash & Pattern Analyser developed by Cambridge Research Systems. The purpose of the test is to help determine broadcast flash patterns that may cause epileptic seizures in viewers."

I'm surprised because the black and white doesn't seem that bad. I found MIA's Boyz video much worse, and there was no news of it being banned.





As a side note, who else is disappointed with the return of 90s fashion? Not so much because it was bad (although it is, and so is the 80s which we are phasing through) but because it lacks originality. Every couple seasons the fashion industry decides - yes, decides - that a decade is hip again. They reinvent the fabrics and colors, channeling the shapes. Blah. Why not something new? Will 2001-05 fashions be hip next year? Do I need to wait for three years for them to catch up with the current time? Or will they start over again with the 60s? You know, I read a few style blogs and more than anything they make me annoyed with fashion. I guess I read them so I can make sense of what I see on the racks.

No comments: