Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Progress undone

I'm knitting a sweater vest. This is the biggest project I've done with yarn, more complicated than scarves and hats. Following the pattern will actually matter. I'm very excited about it. I used birthday money to buy the yarn and I want it to be put to good use, something I'll actually wear. Miranda helped me pick out this lovely charcoal combination from the Recycled Lamb shop. I bought 6 extra large skeins.

This is the back piece of the vest, just before I realized I made a major mistake in counting inches. So I ripped it back to the light grey ribbing and started over again :-) I'm not too downtrodden, because I really really want to get this right. I'm more confident in understanding the pattern now and I think I have my gauge adjusted appropriately.

My sewing machine is fixed so when I finish this vest I can pick up my half-done sewing project. Apparently it just needed a thorough tune-up and a little tightening. It sounds beautiful now, no more clunking!

Tonight we indulged in a craving brought on by the snowy evening by going out to Woody's in Golden with friends. I love their pizza buffet and giant sodas, especially on a wintery night. Now we have friends to play games and let the dogs play. I hope this gets Jem very tired so she just wants to sleep all day tomorrow.

No comments: