Saturday, March 22, 2008

Peanut Butter Bars


I had a craving for peanut butter and chocolate. Mom made these delicious bar cookies a lot when we were younger. I called her for the recipe and in less than an hour I had my own pan.










2/3 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder

Combine the wet and dry like you would for a standard cookie recipe. Poor batter into a jelly roll pan (I used a large rimmed baking sheet. Is that the same thing?).

Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes. Generously sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let melt. If you need to dash to the store to buy more (like me) then just pop the sheet pan back in the cooled oven for a minute. When they are nice a melty spread the chocolate over the top. Let cool completely then cut into bars.

No comments: