Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Getting the broken fixed

I don't want to sound negative all the time, but often I forget to post when things are going well. Remember that long list of things that were broken I wrote in January?
  • upstairs toilet - My repair job is holding, although the flush is a bit weak.
  • Ben's watchband - Fixed
  • my engagement ring prongs - Will fix when we get the economic stimulus rebate.
  • my macbook keyboard - Spontaneously fixed. It hasn't acted up since January.
  • sewing machine - Fixed. Sounds like a dream.
  • Ben's uvula - Shrunk back to normal within a couple days.
  • my ipod - Never fixed, but now I have a Nano!!
  • Jem's eyes - She occasionally has eye boogers, but the redness and itchy irritation has been gone for weeks.
Also I took Molly to the vet today. She was examined and is perfectly healthy, except for a pulse of 240(!) because she was so scared. She got her vaccines for rabies and distemper so we don't have to go back for three years.

Last night I figured out how to sync my blackberry with my mac. Like all the forums say, pocketmac (the free software for linking them) is pretty terrible. It stalled repeatedly. After noodling around for a good hour I figured out that if I sync each application one by one it will work. Good enough for me! Next I need to find a good ringtone or acquire my old Mario tone again. Then maybe transfer some photos and look for free third party apps.

I'm 3/3 for exercising in the morning this week! I registered for the Adult Ballet class at the Arvada Center again and attended last night. I'm not sure I'll be able to attend all 12 weeks, what with school starting in May. But Ben pointed out that I did dance last spring when I was working AND taking classes in Microbiology and Anatomy. So I can probably find time. Just to be sure, I'm going to try to go twice/week this month so if I miss some in May and June they will already be made-up. If I don't miss and run out of classes I can pay the drop-in rate.

I made a delicious fritatta for dinner last night. It has beer brats (casing removed), red peppers, and onions. I love eating it with cold ketchup. Tonight I'm going to try making home made mayonnaise to accompany artichokes. I'm also going to make a lovely marinara with red wine and basil and meatballs. Mmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben is excited for dinner!