Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sticking needles


After working on art projects at my parents' office, we ran some errands. I settled on a Blackberry Curve for the requisite nursing software. It seemed like a better value for the money, compared to Palm PDAs. T-Mobile says I can use the browser in preexisting WiFi spots without paying for their monthly internet. I think I correctly hooked up to the home internet and checked my gmail. I'm still a little unsure how to block it from switching to the paid internet, that would cost 1.99 per minute. Yuck! I need to decide whether to hook it to my desktop pc, or download intermediary software to hook it to this mac. Hmmm. Then I can explore all the functions it offers.

Then a jaunt into target led to sundries like eyeglass cleaning kits, infomercial wall hanging products, girl scout cookie ice cream, and a ipod nano. :-D Yea! I know, I'm totally spoiled. Thank you thank you thank you Mom and Dad. After it finished syncing all my music, I'm going to swipe some Spanish lesson's from Dad's ipod using Senuti and add it to mine.

But the funnest was yet to come! We went back into the office and Dad taught me how to put in an IV, use a vacutainer, and put in a butterfly line. It was great, he's so encouraging and consoling. I wasn't nervous at all about sticking him. It definitely boosted my confidence for doing it in school.





And we did all of that AFTER dinner :-)

1 comment:

chitarita said...

I'm eager to hear how those infomercial products are - I'm always looking for ways to decorate, and I've been curious about those hooks for a while.