Monday, April 28, 2008

Quiet times

This is my last week of being home alone all day. I feel panicked and lazy at the same time. I still have lots of projects to do, but none of them have a deadline. A couple projects for the Retina Center, some sewing, some knitting, some cleaning and organizing, etc. But I just want to read my latest book, The Know-It-All. I feel very blah. Starting school will be a very good thing for me.

With my Everyday Food magazine I have a tasty menu planned, with fresh ingredients in my fridge from Sunflower Markets. We're going to eat:
  • BBQ pork giant baked sandwich (finished off leftovers from last week)
  • Feta and Israeli couscous salad
  • Two pea pasta
  • Chicken paella
  • Artichoke and parsley linguini
  • Thai chicken with noodles.
Hmm. A lot of pasta in there. So much for cutting back on carbs this week.

We had a quiet weekend. We watched Grosse Point Blank on Friday after I had dance class. Saturday Ben went to a pinball expo while I knit and watched episodes of The Office on hulu.com. (I realized that the Office is MUCH funnier now that I don't work IN an office. It was too close to home.) After lunch (grilled cheese and tomato soup, tuna for Ben) we went to Sur La Table to spend a gift card (I finally have a garlic peeler!). A quick jaunt though Whole Foods provided a nice snack what with all their free samples. For dinner we went to Virgilio's with Brian. We finished off the evening watching Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who.

More of the same this week. I'm going to trivia tonight and dance class tomorrow. Wednesday is orientation day for school. I get to meet my classmates and teachers, tour the campus, buy some more supplies, and hopefully get all my lingering questions answered. I can't wait to start!

No comments: