Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Under the weather

Ugh. Yesterday was the first day I have felt the "stress" of school. I had an exam and lecture all morning. I went to the fitness center and did 30 minutes on the elliptical (woot! 3rd time now!). I had to get groceries and run some errands because our house was nearly empty. So I didn't get home until after 2 pm and I hadn't had lunch yet. When I miss my feeding time you know I'm REALLY busy. For some reason food didn't sit so well with my tummy. Ironic, since our lecture today was on assessing the abdomen. I studied, laid down for 30 minutes, then rushed to study because we wanted to get to trivia tonight. I have an exam today so I was frantically trying to absorb all my notes and highlight my textbook.

We did make it to trivia, but I was extremely tired and, unusually, not hungry for dinner. Our team came in 4th (I think) but I didn't really help. I came home exhausted and instead of more studying I went straight to bed.

I'll spare you details, but I lost about an hour of sleep in the middle of the night being hunched over the toilet with a fever and nausea. This morning I had to drag myself out of bed. Tuesdays are my once a week professional roles class (and they take attendance), and I have that pharmacology exam this afternoon. Anyway, I don't feel THAT bad. Mostly tired with some uneasy feelings in my belly. I plan to take a deep nap this afternoon and feel better by tomorrow.

No comments: