Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My first skein

Here is my 2 ounces of yarn spun on my drop spindle. I counted roughly 76 to 78 yards of single ply yarn. It is recommended that you unwind your yarn onto a chair back if you don't own a niddy-noddy. They don't mention that you should choose a chair back which is not wider at the top than in the middle. Luckily I was able to stretch my yarn over the upper corners after I discovered my error. That's Jem cowering all guilty-like because I caught her on the table, licking my bowl of chicken soup while I was away from the table. She knows that was wrong, but she can't stop herself!

After two soaks in the sink I hung my skein to dry. The wash and dry is supposed to set the twist. Sadly there isn't much I can do with 78 yards. Next time I'm at Fancy Tiger I'll check for more roving from this sheep.

No comments: