Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pediatrics

Onto Pediatrics this term, my last term before a month long winter break (wahoo!). This professor is the best we've had. She's organized, to the point, smart, and funny. I've been assigned to work in the pediatric oncology unit of another hospital. I'm really excited for this one. I have a lot to learn about cancer and its treatments. They split us up so the 6 of us in this hospital group are assigned to three different units. I'm going to like working with just one other student. It worked well in community health. Sometimes I get the feeling the students overwhelm the staff when we're grouped all together.

I made a sour cream apple pie this weekend and it's heaven. I could eat the whole pie in one sitting.

I'm still waiting for the first snow so I can make waffles! I'm getting impatient.

No comments: