Friday, May 22, 2009

Studying hard

I have heard complaints that we didn't summarize our cupcake findings. Well, we all dug into them so fast and we didn't spend too much time talking and deliberating. But I think the consensus was that Lovely Confections had the best tasting cake and frosting overall, but their style was a little conservative and their flavors a bit subtle. The Shoppe came in strong with powerful flavors and funner design, plus their shop was deemed the most fun for visiting and hanging out.

I've been pretty good with studying for NCLEX, getting in 2-4 hours everyday M-Th. I scored very high on my second practice test, so that's encouraging. I received authorization to test from DORA and Pearson, and scheduled June 10th to test. I was planning to take it a tad earlier, but that was the next time available. I won't complain about a few extra days to study.

Busy day today. Miranda and I had an awesome session in the gym this morning - we ran for 25 minutes instead of 20, learned a new machine in the weight room, and benched 55 pounds (up from 45). It's about time for me to cram molly into her new cat carrier for a vet visit - she'll love that ;-) Then I have a quick break to change out of my cat-hair covered clothes into something more professional for a job interview at 2 pm. Exciting! I'm trying not to get my hopes up about this one, but it sounds good. We shall see. At least it's nice to have an interview; jobs are scarce. I'll let you know how it goes. Then tonight I hope to make a strawberry tart from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking."

Happy Friday!

No comments: