Friday, June 18, 2010

Patio Wars

I'm trying to do little things to feel normal again. During his morning nap yesterday I baked cookies. This recipe that Miranda pointed me to makes the BEST cookies. I can't stop eating them.  I even cooked dinner once this week.  It was a nice change to have freshly prepared, home-cooked food. 

I have a wild garden this year.  I haven't done a single thing to it, not even watered.  This lone iris is blooming.  My clematis is ready to burst.  Most of my herbs came back - mint, sage, thyme, lemon balm, and lavender.

Jealous of my mother's birdfeeder, I had her get one for me last November.  Despite it being "squirrel proof, squirrels had been emptying it fast all winter.  You can see one hanging off the fence in this snowy picture. 
I found a spot outside that's a little harder for the squirrels to get to and in return I have beautiful red finches in my window all day.  The birds are camera shy, so I only got this blurry picture.  Molly is VERY interested in the backyard lately. That squirrel is pissed that I let her out there.  He's barking at her from the roof now. 

1 comment:

Serin said...

Those cookies are fan-freaking-tastic! Diana has a couple hummingbird feeders, I was thing of getting something like that, I think the boys would like it.