Monday, August 16, 2010

Grand Junction Getaway

We're back in Denver after a long vacation at my parents home.  Many came to visit, we swam almost every day, and I made over a dozen batches of gelato.  Great trip, yes?  I'm uploading all my photos (minus a nudie shot of Jack) to flickr.  It's so hard to skim down to my favorites for this post but I'll try!

I brought some Fancy Tiger fabric to make bibs for Jack.  Only succeeded in making one.  It'll be an ongoing project.

Grandpa snoozing with the baby.

Miranda and Zaley came to play!  Z wanted to hold Jack.  She did so with mixed results.  I love Jack's face here, he's like "Whoa, going down!"

Natasha reclaims her rightful property - Amanda's lap.

So sleepy :-)

Brian helps Zaley reach another level on the mini-trampoline.

Lovely timing.

Grandma and Jack.  I love bold, clean lines for baby clothes! This one reminds me of the ninja turtles.

Toss her in!

Even me and Jack!

Baby toes get pruney too.

He has a swimsuit, but going naked is easier.

Yarn shopping on Main Street for the moms, a Giant Frog for Zaley.

When I got my mom a yarn winder and swift as a gift, you know I was scheming to use it myself.

Don't you love fast knit baby clothes in bulky yarns?  Don't you love the glam rock style this evokes?

Cat is still jealous . . .

We all get lunch when we go out.


Grandma Betty so happy to be back in Colorado.

Jack's looking a tad gangsta in the other sweater I knit this trip.  Maybe it will fit better next year.

Whoa.  There are NO pictures of me making gelato.  How did that happen?  I made the gelato to stock pile for Andy's reception next weekend.  Mom has a DeLonghi gelato maker and it's all kinds of rad.  Here's a list of what I made:
  • Nutella with hazelnuts
  • milk chocolate
  • dark chocolate
  • chili chocolate
  • mint chip (still my favorite)
  • apricot vanilla x2
  • raspberry
  • vanilla bean x2
  • cantaloupe
  • lemon
  • cherry vanilla
So so good. 

Like I said above, many people came to visit while I was there.  It went something like this:
  • Me (+ Jack) and Amanda came
  • Miranda and Zaley came
  • Nate, Ben and Brian came
  • Ben left
  • Amanda, Brian, and Nate left
  • Miranda and Zaley left
  • Amanda came
  • Amanda left
  • Ben and Betty came
  • Ben and Rachel (+Jack) left
A little confusing, yes?

The last Saturday Ben and I went to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.  Of course I loved it.  How could I not?  Edgar Wright + Michael Cera + Jason Schwartzman mixed with a funny script, crazy production style, and video game flavor.  I can't wait to see it again, and then buy to watch at home over and over.

We took the scenic route home to avoid traffic.  Eh, I don't recommend doing that.  Happily we did all our laundry before leaving, so the post-trip mess isn't as bad as it could be.  Today I'm working on bills, organizing my return to work, stocking our kitchen, and of course keeping Jack happy :-)  It's raining outside and the animals are hiding in the basement.  A very quiet day back in Denver.

No comments: