Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pictures from our trip

Sigh.  Looking through these I realize the vast majority are just of Jack.  Why didn't I take any with Jenn and Andy??   I guess that's what my life has come to. Anyway, here's a nice summary.

 Stopping in No Name for a rest room and milk break.  We made the trip with just two stops (right, Ben?).  On the way home we made only one stop.  Not bad!

 Grocery shopping on arrival.  With my family it's all about FOOD!  Jack got a lot of experience with solid foods over the weekend.
 His first balloon, dinner with Richard, parents, and Amanda.  Jack handled it pretty well, considering how overwhelming a visual and audio experience Red Robin can be, the strong desire for family to pass him around, combined with having spent five hours in a car seat.  He's such a good kid.

Not many  pictures from Saturday morning and afternoon.  Where I wanted to kill our dog for going #2 in the bedroom at 6 AM.  After the sun came up all was better.  The smell was gone, Jack was cute, family lazily emerged from soft beds having enjoyed sleeping in.
 My mom gave Jack a spool of ribbon to play with.  Ribbon and yarn and cloth = his favorite things. Can't wait for this guy to try spaghetti.

We had lunch at Cafe Rio together before splitting to go shopping.  Andy and Jenn took the dogs out and went downtown.  Amanda and I went a little crazy at Ulta.  We all met downtown in the yarn store and got Palisade Peach fudge across the street before hurrying back home.  During all this Ben took Jem and Jack over to Grandpa Rick's for playing. 

That night Kristin and family came over!  Coral is so crazy cute.  I took a bazillion pictures of them (all on flickr).  I love how they're looking at me like they need a cue  Uhh, are we supposed to play together or something?  At most, they poked each others' faces.  Love it. 
 Comparing baby shapes. . .
 We made several attempts at getting me and Kris together with our babies.  Not very successful.

 I think this is as close as we'll get. 

 Jem was determined to sleep in Amanda's bed that night.  She was not amused.
 Beautiful clouds Sunday morning. 
My folks enjoyed the excuse to get out their hard chairs during church to keep Jack quietly happy. 

 Back home for a quiet afternoon.  Jack does his "Behold!!" pose for bubble wrap.  Ben pointed out that it's like what Link does when he acquires a new item in The Legend of Zelda. 



Love this.


Pasta making!  I had a birthday lasagna with salad and garlic bread, with chocolate caramel cake for dessert!




In the hyperactive state right before bed, playing with Grandpa and Amanda.

 Back on the road home.  Here we are after a snack break in Eagle.

 The roads were nice (this is Vail) and somehow we missed the Idaho Springs ski-traffic jam.
 Jack got pretty bored towards the end.  I caught him feeling around outside his chair for something to entertain him (he found my knitting bag, luckily only went so far as the handle).

Oh so happy to be back home and not in a car seat!

1 comment:

Mavi said...

What a fun trip! Happy Birthday!!