Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Best Sweater

I finished knitting a cardigan and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

It's "Coraline" by Ysolda.  The sweater has so many lovely details that make it a high quality hand knit.

I love the provisional cast-on, leading to a double hem, the three slipped stitches on the edge, rolling into an i-cord bind-off, the kitchener stitch finishing, and of course the interesting smocked yoke.  


This is my second big piece knit with small gauge yarn (DK Swish from Knitpicks).  I started in January, with many long breaks to work on other projects.  I learned many new techniques that I can work into other sweater patterns.  But right now I want to make another Coraline! Maybe I can do some of the body work on Mom's knitting machine.  It can get tiresome


(Note to self: you should only buy fig newton-proof yarns for the next four years.)
(Put down the alpaca.)

(Note to Jack: I hope you get some clothes for your birthday.  You're growing like a bean; that's supposed to be a long sleeved shirt with long pants!)

2 comments:

chitarita said...

I echo my request for one of those. And you definitely shouldn't swear off Alpaca when your sister's going to Peru soon.

Mavi said...

that cardigan is the bomb dot com!