Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Morning at the Park

With the day off (but call tonight) I took Jack to Park Day, as hosted by friends from church. They arrange a schedule of different parks for each Tuesday over the summer. Jack is just getting to the age and ability where he can enjoy playgrounds.



He liked the slide too, but I have to arrange him at the top because he keeps trying to crawl down it head first.

Today's Park, Ray Ross in Lakewood, has a "splash pad" with water jets. I did not prepare well because I mistakenly assumed Jack would be scared to be with all the other kids splashing about.



Wrong. With shoes off, he crawled into the mini pool the older kids made by sitting over the drain. Then he crawled over to this bigger water jet after a big kid abandoned it. It was a bit much for him and he gets a little exasperated. I love how he decides to try the smaller jets, then quickly changes his mind for the big one again!



I wish we could have stayed longer. But I only brought mango and graham crackers to eat and lunch time was swiftly approaching. Also, without swimsuit or towels Jack didn't have anything to change into after being thoroughly soaked. He was too wet to enjoy the playground equipment. We tried, but he stuck to everything. Next time I'll do better. Hey, at least I remembered sunscreen and a hat today!

No comments: