Sunday, July 24, 2011

Spending Spree

I don't buy a lot of frivolous things.  Unless you could chocolate and diet coke.  But every once in a while I go on a spending spree.  I've got a bit of Christmas money in my savings account that I can dip into when the urge strikes.  Here are some recent purchases.

A dresser for Jack's room. 

He outgrew his changing table in length and I've been window shopping (online) for a vintage dresser since he was an infant.  Finally hit a good one on craiglist for the right price.  I love solid, old furniture.  Now I have my eyes peeled for a coordinating nightstand. 

With a salon appointment next week, I was inspired to do a little making-over of my image. 

I ordered some hair feathers from Etsy.  Now I look like this:
Ha!  Just kidding.  I ordered some brown and purple and only one thin stripey that is currently in my sister's hair. I put some in partly hidden just to see if they work well (yes!).  I'll put them in more obviously after my visit to the salon this week and before the trip to San Diego. 

I also go these, courtesy of my personal family ophthalmologist:
It's handy having a prescriber with you in the store, and a long time user to give you tips for putting contacts in.
 Aren't I alluring?  It will take some time to get used to them.  But I'm already loving being on the computer without my glaring, scratched up glasses.  Speaking of which . . .

I ordered these:
They are the Webb frames from Warby Parker.  It's a great glasses company.  You really all about them on their site.  I love their vintage style frames, the try at home offer,  and the buy-one-give-one program they have.  Ben scoffs at how hipster they are, including their name-which comes from two characters of Jack Kerouac.  You probably haven't heard of them ;-)

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I totally ordered Warby Parker glasses to try at home like, a week ago. :)