Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Sickies and Animal Sounds

Can we all be healthy for just a little bit? Please?

Right as my back was healing Jack began producing copious volumes of snot. He's at the end of it, and really has been a trooper so we can't complain. But now at the end of that, Ben has a lower back injury! Yesterday I came home to him wincing in pain as he walked. Today when he texted that it was worse I immediately called our local rescue child care hero, April. She whisked Jack away to a fun day playing with her kids. Ben got plenty of rest and is looking better.  I got home early and was able to take care of him in the afternoon. 

Now I notice that I've been dry coughing all afternoon and my throat is a bit sore. I felt that way a few days ago. I hope it's just a super mild version of what Jack had, and that it won't get any worse. Still. PLEASE. CAN WE STOP BEING ILL PRETTY PLEASE??

Ben taped me reading Jack his book, "My Mother is Mine." Jack is great at his animal sounds and actions with it. Plus I've been trying to record his kitty sound FOREVER! It's my favorite noise he makes.

PS, I say "Mommy" in place of "Mother" in the book, hoping that it will be simpler for Jack to learn. Still doesn't say "mama." Still bothers me. I know, some day I will want him to stop saying mom. But I'm still wishing.

1 comment:

April said...

we LOVED having him here!
I hope everyone gets feeling better soon :)