Friday, February 03, 2012

Treat yo' self!

Despite the blizzard outside I made it to my salon. Some things are worth fighting for ;-)


Jack woke up crying this morning. He's had a cold all week. I don't know if it was bad dreams or a stuffy head or what. After some cuddling together in bed while petting Molly he recovered. (Not enough cuddling for me, but I'll take what I can get!) We had reheated chocolate chip pancakes and he laughed out loud at Kipper, his new favorite show, before I left.


Last night I had the pleasure of going straight from work to open spinning night at Fancy Tiger. It was actually pretty fun! I was overly proud of myself for socializing with other adults- and strangers, no less! We didn't talk about dialysis or babies and it was wonderful. We oooed and awed over Em's angora bunny pictures and Dan's silk and baby camel blend roving ($50/oz!). We discussed the burgeoning possum fiber industry and environmental motivations. (Where I suggested that possum fiber needs a better sounding name, like angora for rabbits, if it wants to sell. I nominated "posoma."). Beers were offered and much yarn was spun. I drastically improved my drafting technique just by watching others.

I'm indebted to Ben for letting me be out at work and play all day while he wiped noses and cooked a delicious chili dinner. Tonight I give him my blessing to go to the One-Up bar with friends, or whatever they decide to do. I also look forward to aunt Amanda babysitting tomorrow night so we can see The Artist. We just don't date enough. Does anyone have teenagers they can recommend? I'd gladly accept phone numbers.

Ps: this blog title is a Parks and Rec quote. So is "I do want that. Please do that for me." That had Ben and me in stitches last night.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm back to blog-stalking again, and possibly blog writing, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I had to check out this post, simply because I recognized the reference. If I would let him, I think Jon-Michael might get a Batman suit too...