Wednesday, March 07, 2012

For the Grands

My parents are on a grand European adventure and Ben's parents moved to Maine this year.  This post is a festival of grandchild love.  I fully expect them to be the only ones who watch all of the videos.

After work on Monday I put Fruit Ninja on my Fire.  Jack seems to be confused about Kinect control versus other devices.  Or he just prefers to flap maniacally.


Amanda brought us chocolate cake with Sherlock on Saturday.  We had leftovers the next night and Jack eagerly showed off his new word: cakecakecakecakecake....Here he is after getting what he wanted.

Lately he has been reading If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.  He has been asking for cookies - by word!, for the last couple days.  Ben promised him some and tonight we delivered.  Clearly I did not think through Jack's task level thoroughly enough.  I don't know why I picture him like a skilled four year old sometimes.  But he had a lot of fun and cookies were made.


While they baked he actually brought the book over to me (I was acting as oven sentry so he doesn't burn himself).  Isn't it funny how easily kids learn words for dessert?


Enjoying his results immensely.




1 comment:

Grammy & Gramps said...

Thanks for the videos! He is so cute and so smart! You did a great job letting him help!