Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween: The Non-Candy

Here's what we ate today that didn't come out of a bucket.  Pumpkin pancakes with Jack O' Lantern faces for breakfast. 


 The Fancy Tiger blog showed me that there was a new pie shop in Denver.  What what? I immediately called Brian and invoked him on an exploration excursion. 


 Jack and I shared a banana cream pie while Brian ordered a breakfast burrito pie slice.  The review from Jack in the above image is pretty much my reaction too.  I bought a savory beef pie to eat later. 

It was a super long, fun day.  Jack was a real trooper, considering his cold.  By the time we got to Chipotle for their $2 burrito-if-you-are-in-costume deal, he was wearing out.
After dinner and neighborhood trick-or-treating I curled up with him under a quilt and we watched It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.  He thought Snoopy was hilarious.  A good teeth brushing, and then I tucked him in bed.  I could hear him over the monitor recounting the night as he fell asleep, "Rocket....candy....pumpkin...rocket...."  That pretty much sums it up.

No comments: