Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting and wishing

We are having a rough winter.  There's a lot of changes on the horizon for us, though I don't want to talk about anything until it's really final.  But there's a lot of stress and hope involved. 

On top of that we've had a lot of stressful events.  Difficulties with work for both of us.  Ben had to go to urgent care for a profusely bleeding nose.   Jack had a big fall today, with a goose egg bump and vomiting afterward.  Our nanny hasn't worked a full week since Christmas break due to multiple sick days. 

So yeah, I haven't been posting much.

In between all of this I try to knit a little, play with my kid, keep the household functioning, and watch Parks and Rec reruns to quiet my mind. 

I think back to a song Ben put on a mix tape for me the first year we were dating, when I was 18 and he was 19. 

Here's wishing you the bluest sky,
And hoping something better comes tomorrow.
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the doubt and sadness.
I know that better things are on the way.

No comments: