Friday, October 04, 2013

Sam is 3 weeks old

Sam at 3 weeks

I remarked to Ben that Sam was three weeks old today.  Overhearing us from the backseat, Jack piped up "Sam is three?  He is the same age me was!"  We explained weeks versus years, but he was still tickled that they were both three.

Sam is growing heartily.  (Why do all romper-makers think babies have stumpy legs?  I know my boys are long, but the body fits!  Why are the legs all capri length?)
Sam at 3 weeks

He really is a good baby too.  He has a nightly fuss starting at 7:30.  But I can manage it easily and it doesn't last the hours that I recall it lasting with Jack.  In general he behaves better than I expect a newborn to behave.  Sam is awake for about an hour at a time, then he naps for 1-2 hours.  At night he goes back to sleep rather quickly with a swaddle and a couple minutes of rocking.
Sam at 3 weeks

Sam can turn himself from his back to his side.  He hasn't flipped all the way back to front yet, but there have been times I thought he would.  He can hold his head up while sitting for several seconds.  Even longer if he's having a gassy fit ;-)  He already lifts his head a little during tummy time.  (Jack LOVES "tummy time."  I think he likes anything "time."  He gets down on the blanket with Sam and mimics him, or pretends to swim, or does what he thinks are exercise moves.)
Sam at 3 weeks

Today was a nice day.  Ben worked from home, so I got to see him periodically.  I signed up Jack for some dance and art classes.   That will be fun when they start in a couple weeks.

Today we had our first snow!  I like to make Belgian waffles on the first snow of every year.
Sam at 3 weeks

Jack was sad the snow wasn't enough to make snowballs, and was melted by 10 AM.
Sam at 3 weeks

But it was still a lovely October day.  We went for a walk around the neighborhood before going out to lunch with Ben.  (He's trying to make a funny face.  Most of my photos are some variation of this now.) 
Sam at 3 weeks

During quiet time I cleaned dishes and gave Sam a bath.  After Ben and I finished work and Jack woke up we went to Cherry Creek mall.  Sadly, the play area was torn up for renovations.  So Ben and Jack went to a toy store and bought hoodies at H&M while Sam and I browsed the Janie and Jack store.  I indulged in a cute romper for Sam to wear for his blessing.  We all met up for pizza then went home for a quiet evening. 

Two more Samigrams, just because of the cuteness.  
Sam at 3 weeks

Sam at 3 weeks

No comments: