Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sam is Seven Months Old

Wow, did this month go really fast?  Sam is already seven months old.
Sam is Seven Months
He loves baths, loves jumping, loves Jack, loves tickling, loves swings, and LOVES food. 

I don't think I can express how much Sam loves food.  If he sees one of us eating he groans and growls and lunges for our food.  I can't feed him by spoon fast enough for his liking.  He can slurp a whole squeezie in under a minute.  He likes it when I give him solids to gnaw on (celery, arrowroot cookies, apple, french fry, bread crust, etc).  But I have to be right there because he will keep shoveling it in even if his mouth is full.  He can't really chew (still only two teeth), but he will mush it with his jaws as much as possible.
Sam is Seven Months

Not much has changed in his movement.  He shows no interest in the crawl position, but can flail around the ground to reach what he wants.  Tummy time is worthless now because he flips as soon as I put him down. 
Sam is Seven Months

Sam is Seven Months

He prefers sitting up and will hold a crunch position forever until you assist him.
Sam is Seven Months

This week he has starting babbling with proto-words.  I adore those garbled simple syllables.  I also adore this derpy picture.
Sam is Seven Months

His fine motor control is coming along though.  He's getting better at manipulating objects, orienting them the way he wants them.  He's between raking and pincher grasp, but he can pick up little puffs and get them in his mouth.

He regularly goes to bed around 7.  He will sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning without needing to eat.  If he is teething or having other problems I have to get up to give him the pacifier again, sometimes hourly (last week was bad).  But it seems like most of the time he can go all night with just the one waking.
Sam is Seven Months

Sam is Seven Months

Naps are tough.  Because he is the second child, I don't plan my day around his sleep schedule like we did with Jack.  Sadly he has to be carted off to errands and classes, so his naps are a mess.  Generally he goes down 1-2 hours after waking, cat naps during car trips mid day, and depending on how that went he will do either one or two afternoon naps. 

He's a trooper about it though.  I love you, Sammy!
Sam is Seven Months

No comments: