Thursday, July 07, 2016

Happy Fourth!

We spent the holiday in Grand Junction visiting both Waterhouses and Masons.  The kids had a blast!  I didn't take too many pictures, but I have these at least:

I spent most of my time doing a puzzle :-)
Untitled

The boys showed off their swimming skills.

Untitled


Tuckered out Sam every afternoon (of course, he stayed up late each night in exchange!)

Untitled

I made a flag cake!

Untitled

Sparklers and fireworks on the third, after dinner with all the family together.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

More swimming, with a surprise frog visitor.

Untitled

Untitled

Releasing him in a safer place.

Untitled

The boys were positively pickled after hours of swimming on our last day.

Untitled



Sam nodded off before we crossed the town border on our way home on the 4th.

Untitled

Within an hour of leaving I got this photo.  So glad it got done!  Sad I couldn't do it all while I was there though.  I picked on too big for the weekend.
Untitled 

We drove through Vail during their fireworks display.  Perfect timing!  Jack declared "Those fireworkds really saved the day.  It's a good thing we saw them.  It was almost the worst Fourth of July EVER."
Untitled

We had no idea fireworks were so important to him :-)  Noted for next year.

No comments: