Thursday, February 07, 2008

cooking and crafts

Here are some of the good things we've been eating.

Magic bars, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and coconut on a graham cracker crust.Steamed cabbage rolls with sweet and sour pork.
Roasted turkey, potatoes, and acorn squash.
Cupcakes!
Balsamic rosemary chicken skewered with cubes of brie.
The lovely spread for our Movie Club showing of Marie Antoinette.

And here are the few crafts I've been doing.
A Wool & Hoop embroidery kit project.
A design I came up with myself (well, inspired by some stuff I found online, but mostly mine).

A cotton dishcloth. I need to make more of these with a thicker pattern. Maybe cables...

2 comments:

StevenB said...

The food looks AMAZING! I think I might have friends over and do the same (probably for a different movie though, lol)

Anonymous said...

I tried to email you a while ago but it said it failed. I'm not kidding though, I seriously look at your blog 6-7 times a week. I love it. Although it IS a little depressing to look at all the good food you make and then go home to my cold cold cereal...:) I'll try and email you again. There are a plethora of Jenni Case stories and I want to hear yours too. Love Jenn