Monday, April 08, 2013

Finding a Routine

I love being home every day and every night.  I just love it.

Jack and I are finding lots of fun ways to spend our time.  I try to get my house cleaning done while he watches TV and takes his lingering meals.  (Probably not the best parenting choice, but it self-limits his TV time and he does a really good job cleaning his tray when given plenty of time and good entertainment.  We don't allow TV with dinner, of course.)  I use his quiet time to do my remote billing work.  In between we play games and run errands.  Today was Monday, so we had story time at the library and a trip to the grocery store (completed with horsey ride).

Here are some pictures from the last week.

Jack days

(Two toddler boys with hammers. I'm amazed that no fingers were smashed)
Jack days

Jack days

Jack days

I'm working on more regular play-dates with Wolfie.  Not only do we parents get a little break, but the boys get some great play time together.  

On the weekend (oh, glorious word!) Ben and I had a bona fide date.  We went to the new Alamo Drafthouse to see Oz.  Now, the movie was as expected- pretty to look at and mildly entertaining, but no greatness.  However, the theater is why I wanted to go. What an awesome place!  It's gorgeous, reserved seating, comfortable, with delicious food you can order during the film.  They don't have ads; in their place you will find vintage reels of material tailored to the film for the 20 minutes prior to showtime.  It was such a fun experience, I can't wait to see another movie there. 

No comments: