Sunday, September 01, 2013

Hello September!

I'm feeling surprisingly well for being nearly 39 weeks pregnant.  I credit it completely to being home and able to rest pretty much whenever I need, and spending a large part of the day with my feet up.  The baby is much lower than Jack was, so I actually have room to breathe and eat.  Don't get me wrong, I'm anxious to get this part over with.  It's not pleasant, by any means.  But it could be a lot worse. 

I have a lot more pre-labor symptoms than the last time around.  Maybe this kid will find his way out on his own.  It's strange, but I feel like this is my first time because I still don't know what it's like to naturally go into labor. 

We had another nice quiet weekend.  While Ben took Jack to Dinosaur Ridge, Amanda and I got pedicures.  Later that night we went to see Austenland (hilarious!!) while Ben took Jack to see his first movie in a theater: Planes.  You'll have to ask him or Ben about it.  It sounds like Jack had a riotously good time.

Today I barely made it through Sacrament meeting (those pews are torture at this point!).  I went home to rest while Jack had nursery and Ben taught Primary.  He and I were called to team teach the 6-7 year olds.  They have subs lined up for the next few weeks for us, but Ben started it today.  It will be nice being able to share the duties and the calling together.  Jack adores nursery.  Today he told me they took a nature walk "with that rope thing.  You have to hold onto the rope!"  I always loved seeing the little kids walk around while holding onto a rope.  I'll bet Jack tattled on anyone who dared loosen their grip.  He's a lover of rules and order. 

I've knit two sweaters, two hats, and a pair of socks for the baby.  I'm working on a third hat now just to pass the time.  I also made some large scale cross stitch art for the house.  Maybe I'll get it hung and post pictures soon. 

Sorry for the rambling, picture-less post.  But I just felt like saying something about the week.

No comments: