Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Frozen Carrots

I'm a little embarrassed how much I like Frozen.  We bought the movie download on Friday and it's been on whenever Jack is allowed to have a TV on.  I'm not sick of it yet. 

It's not perfect - the plot has a lot of holes, the trolls look like early 90s cartoon characters, and it's obviously geared for a Broadway adaptation.

But there's a lot of goodness about it:
  • The feminist slant on saving yourself without a man
  • The first true love being false
  • Josh Gad
  • Broadway singer casting all around
  • The costumes
  • The rosemaling
  • Oaken's trading post
  • Let It Go (I know, I know)
  • The snowy clothing animation
  • Jack quoting it
  • Jack singing the love songs
  • Jack asking me to make heart hands 
And now a new reason to love Frozen.  He asked me if we have carrots so we could eat them like Kristoff and Sven.  Egad, really?  He's gagged on carrots when I offered them in the past. 

Carrots


Jack has eaten seven baby carrots by the writing of this entry.  Yay, Disney!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Andrew and I may or may not spend the majority of our singing time singing Frozen, just sayin' ;)