Saturday, July 03, 2010

A nice Saturday

Today has been a really good day so far. 
  1. Jack slept for 5.5 hours in a row last night!  Then I got 1 more, then Ben took him downstairs giving me an extra 1.5.  The total is almost a normal night's sleep.
  2. I wore my pre-pregnancy pants today!  Only took 5 weeks to get back into them - hurrah for nursing-weight loss.  They are slightly snug, but no worse than my "fat" days used to be.  
  3. We bought a stroller for Jack - but paid less than the link and got it in green and gray.  Ben was resistant but finally agreed to let me get one.  Jack is a little young for the style.  He can't quite hold his head up for the ride.  But it's not much worse than how he sits in his car seat and he'll quickly grow into it.  I didn't like any stroller options with a bigger recline and don't want to buy TWO nice strollers to accommodate different growth stages. 
  4. We met friends at Fatburger for lunch.  Mmmmm.
  5. Jack slept the whole time we shopped.  Then he was happy and quiet (not crying) for a good chunk of time this afternoon.  
  6. Ben picked up groceries for the fourth and pizza for dinner.  Yeah, we're super healthy these days ;-)
  7. The forecast for tomorrow is in the 70s!  Even if we get rained out of our picnic plans, I look forward to the break from heat. 
Now if only Jack can repeat his sleep stretch tonight I'll be the happiest mom on the block.

No comments: